To sustainably manage the living aquatic resources and promote the aquaculture sector.
To responsibly manage living aquatic and resources to continuously ensure a conducive environment for the fishing and aquaculture sector to prosper.
The vision of the Ministry of Fisheries and Marine Resources is for Namibia to be a leading nation with a well-developed aquaculture industry.
Transparency- The Ministry will ensure to deliver its service in a transparent manner, while upholding confidentiality and protect information of individual right holders. The Ministry will maintain close links and constructively exchange information with the fishing industry and other stakeholders, to ensure better cooperation and understanding on sector issues and thus enhance development and good governance for the benefit of the future generation.
Accountability- The Ministry will ensure that complaints about our service delivery are dealt with fairly and that prompt action is taken to rectify shortcomings in areas where satisfactory standards have not been achieved.
Equity- The Ministry will apply relevant policy and legislation so as to ensure that equitable access to resources leads to benefits for all interested stakeholders, while facilitating the Namibianisation of the fishing sector.
Honesty- The Ministry will ensure to, at all times, apply the policy and legislative framework in a fair, trustworthy, genuine and equal manner, while upholding the professional standards in delivering the service.
Loyalty- The Ministry must ensure the creation of a conducive working environment in which staff members will be motivated as team players to conduct their service and make their contributions toward success diligently.
Diligence- The Ministry and its staff are dedicated to provide its services with full commitment in line with the needs and desires of our clients/ stakeholders as a team.
- Application for Rights: Announcement: Gazette
- Public Awareness Schedule for Fishing Rights 2018
- Marine Act, 2000 (Act 27 of 2000)
- Marine Regulations Relating to the Exploitation of Marine Resources
- Marine Resources Policy, 2004 - White Paper
- Application for Registration as Importer of Live Aquatic Organisms, Aquatic Organism Products or other Commodities
- Minister's Performance Agreement 2017-18
- Policy statement (guidelines) for the granting of rights to harvest marine resources and allocation of Quota Revised
- Ministry of Fisheries and Marine Resources Strategic Plan 2017\18- 2021\22